Downey Lawyer Representing Clients in Annulment Proceedings
Taking You Out of a Bad Situation, Getting Back Your Life
By taking swift legal action and obtaining an annulment, you can legally assert that your marriage never happened. This method allows you to get out of bad situation and move on with your life while avoiding all of the complications that coincide with divorce.
At the Law Offices of Eugene M. Siegel, we have 30 years of experience providing lasting family law solutions for clients in Southern California. After taking the time to understand your situation, we will give you an honest and straightforward assessment on whether the details of your marriage constitute grounds for nullity of marriage (annulment). Contact us at 562-862-7541 for a free initial consultation.
Grounds for Annulment
In California, the circumstances of your marriage must meet specific criteria in order to obtain an annulment, some of which include:
- Improper marriage license: marriage license did not meat legal requirements, never obtained a marriage license.
- Fraud: a person failed to divorce a former spouse, a party enters into a marriage only to obtain a green card.
- Underage: one or both parties are not of proper legal age to consent to marriage.
- Duress/coercion: one party forces the other into a marriage through duress or coercion.
- Lack of capacity: hidden inability to have children, hidden lack of mental capacity.
Our founder, attorney Gene Siegel, will diligently represent you every step of the way if your circumstances are grounds for annulment.
We are dedicated to handling each case as effectively and efficiently as possible with exceptional personal service. Contact us to schedule a free initial consultation.